Chia Bars with Coconut and Cranberry
This snack would give you a boost on a tiring day at work. Due to the seeds and nuts, the bars are highly nutritious without being overwhelmingly full of fats. The fruits create a delightful taste that would help relieve stress.
- 1 ½ cup oats (ground in a blender)
- ½ cup regular oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ½ cup cranberries (dry)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Soak chia seeds in lemon juice and leave them to gel up while you are busy with other ingredients.
- Mix oat flour, salt, baking powder, pistachios, cranberries, coconut, zest, and oats in a large bowl.
- Whisk together liquid ingredients and add them to the gelled up chia seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients together, mixing carefully.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven (350F) on a baking sheet covered with oiled parchment paper.
- Let cool before cutting.