Coconut & Cauliflower Soup
The perfectly warming soup for these cold days.
- 1 large cauliflower head, broken into small florets
- Knob of coconut oil
- 2 onions
- Thai Red Curry paste* (make your own)
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cup of Vegetable Stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- A handful of chopped basil
- ¼ cup of chopped chives
Thai Red Curry PasteForm a perfect paste by grinding these ingredients using a pestle and mortar; 1 chilli chopped, ½ tsp of cumin powder, ½ tsp of coriander powder, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp fresh coriander, 1 tbsp lemongrass chopped, 2 shallots, ½ peel of a lime & squeeze of lime juice.
- Roast the cauliflower florets in coconut oil until the tips are golden brown (15 - 20 mins).
- Let the onions sweat in coconut oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste and lemon zest for a few minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, veg stock & coconut milk.
- Once removed from heat, add rice vinegar and blend.
- Serve up and add seasoning, sprinkle of basil & chives.